A TYPICAL BENEFITS PACKAGE FOR NURSES IN KSA
- Contract is for 1 or 2 years (vary by hospitals) and usually renewable upon both parties agreement.
- Working week is 44 to 48 hours (most hospitals offers overtime at a time and half rate if worked extra hours)
- Most positions are offered on a “Single Status” Contract (unaccompanied)
- Free furnished housing, included utilities (but not telephone and internet)
- Free transportation from accommodation to a place of work and back as well as scheduled shopping trips.
- An airline ticket to join new position at the beginning of contract and a repatriation ticket to return home at the end
- One round trip airline ticket to return home for annual paid vacation (some hospitals offers ticket every six months)
- Free Medical coverage at the hospital’s facility
- Forty nine (49) to fifty three (53) calendar days annual paid vacation (vary by hospital)
- Most hospitals also offer seven (7) days emergency leave (for a family emergency matter)
- Uniforms provided.
- Sign- on bonus offered by some of the hospitals, in addition to a speciality bonus, where applicable
- End of Contract Bonus (50% of monthly salary for each year of service completed (vary by hospital)
- Contract Renewal Bonus (vary by hospital)
- Monthly salary vary by hospitals and position 3500 to 5000 US$ (Salary in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is paid in local currency (Saudi Riyal) and is Tax Free (salary quoted in contract is what you take home)).
- To help you compare the annual financial benefits, kindly see an example below:
|Salary||average 3,600 US$||48,000 US$ (average monthly salary of 4,000 US$ per month)|
|End of Service||/||2,000 US$ (for each year of service completed)|
|Annual Airfare Travel||/||2,000 US$ (not compensative)|
|Housing and Utilities||(average 150 US$ x 12 months) 1,800 US$||0 US$|
|Transportation (average)||220 US$||0 US$|
|Medical expenses||?||0 US$|
|Taxes||deducted already||0 US$|
|Package Value||1,580 US$||50,000 US$|
|Actual take Home Money||?||42,500 US$|
** Kindly take note that salaries quoted here are merely guidelines. Salaries and expensive at home are variable. Cost of living and personal needs in KSA are approximately 15% of monthly intake.